We apologize that it’s been quiet around here lately so we wanted to give you an update. It’s been a crazy and fast paced few months. We’ve been working hard daily to get the product right and get it to your front door.
So, what have we been up to?
- Qualifying manufacturers and material sources
- Purchased sample materials to try out and test as part of qualification
- Purchasing, hardware, acrylic materials and plastic filament
- Use testing, assembly fit checks on prototype builds – it’s all about trial and error sometimes!
- Adjusting the design based on feedback from our manufacturer and use testing. The result: Design for manufacturing optimization, many weak spots in the plastic parts were eliminated to make them stronger, BuzzBox expanded slightly to better support the Up Plus 2 and Afinia H480. That means more box for your money!
- Internal dimensions are now 13.3″ x 18.4″ x 15.7″ (Width x Height x Depth)
- Gearing up for production and zeroing in machinery
- Printing plastic parts
- Improving the instruction manual
- Designing the lighting and fan kit
- Lowering total cost for the mass production runs after the Kickstarter
- Talking to distributors and re-sellers
We will be requesting some information from you via Kickstarter soon. What we will need is your full name, shipping address, email address and we will provide link to a survey after you receive your product.
Our goal is to make an affordable, yet quality and consistent product. You, the Kickstarter customers, will be our first set of end users. Your feedback will be crucial to product improvements and our goal is to make sure that you are happy!
Snapshots of our progress:
Wait… A 4 hour print time!? 🙂
Using this little Afinia to its max. BuzzBox + Buildtak and Elmer’s purple gluestick onto the build surface; a winning combination.
A few parts finished, lots more to go!
Optimizing the Acrylic cutouts for manufacture
Manufacturers’ new high throughput laser installed! Beginning to cut out a “test” BuzzBox.
The result of the test! Popeye, “Where’s the entrance to the exit?”